Monday, August 2, 2010

Caitlin's Amazing Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread


I just can't believe it. Really. My husband came home the other day with the cooking ds recipe game thingy. As you can tell I am not into all the lingo or the original names. ;) Caitlin just loved it and was so excited to start using it. We did not have much in the house because I was trying to be good about my meal plan, thus not going to the grocery store and satisfying my cravings. Needless to say we had all of the ingredients for Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread so she got to work. I am not kidding this bread was AMAZING. Better than the stuff you buy at the store. She really did it all by herself. Yeast bread mind you. Yeast bread. Ryan and I were just talking the other day how I can make great rolls, but I just can't get the yeast bread thing down. It always comes out cakey and not anything that you would want to toast and slather with butter and jelly. This was absolutely like that. I took a picture and am so proud of her. Thank you Caitlin for your amazing ability to bake bread.




As a side note on this game thingy. I made chocolate chip cookies last night for our trip. I am not a cookie maker. I just never thought I had it in me. I AM A COOKIE MAKER NOW! These were delicious.
I am leaving with the kids for a week or two. Hope you all have a wonderful week. I won't be so religious, I don't think, at posting every day during my trip.  Sometimes you just never know though.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment